Why we collect your personal information:
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us. These information are crucial in determining your application outcome and managing your enrolment throughout your student journey. Providing inaccurate, inadequate, or false information may result in unsuccessful application or cancellation of enrolment in future.
How we use your personal information:
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO. How we disclose your personal information: We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector. We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority. We will disclose your information to overseas recipients only after expressed order from Australian Government.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information:
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- Administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage.
- Request access to your personal information
- Correct your personal information.
- Make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled.
Ask a question about this Privacy Notice. For enquiry, please contact at:
Australian National Institute of Education (ANIE)
Suite 11, 197 Prospect Hwy Seven Hills, NSW 2147 Australia
Phone: 1300 812 355 (within Australia), +61 2 9620 5501 (international) Email: email@example.com
General use of information:
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2020, ANIE is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by ANIE for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. ANIE may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and/or
- Researchers.Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.