Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Australian National Institute of Education (ANIE) is required to collect personal information about its students and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Students’ personal information (including the personal information contained in enrolment forms), may be used or disclosed by ANIE for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. ANIE may disclose students’ personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
Students may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note, students may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose students’ personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).